October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month which is an annual campaign to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity. The Internet touches almost all aspects of everyone’s daily life, whether we realize it or not. National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is designed to engage and educate public and private sector partners through events and initiatives to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity, provide them with tools and resources needed to stay safe online, and increase the resiliency of the Nation in the event of a cyber incident.
Themes for 2017 have been announced!
- Week 1: October 2-6 – Theme: Simple Steps to Online Safety
- Week 2: October 9-13 – Theme: Cybersecurity in the Workplace is Everyone’s Business
- Week 3: October 16-20 – Theme: Today’s Predictions for Tomorrow’s Internet
- Week 4: October 23-27 – Theme: The Internet Wants YOU: Consider a Career in Cybersecurity
- Week 5: October 30-31 – Theme: Protecting Critical Infrastructure from Cyber Threats
Plans for National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2017 are already underway. Check this website in the coming months for more details and specific ways to get involved. Check out the NCSAM Resources page to see content from previous Awareness Months, including one pagers, blog posts, presidential proclamations, and more.
NCSAM 2016 in Review
We ask that everyone participate in National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Below are simple ways to get started now. Continue to check back regularly for more information and details.
- Sign up to receive the Stop.Think.Connect. monthly Friends Newsletter.
- Become an official partner of the Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign.
- Spread the word about cybersecurity by sharing resources from the Stop.Think.Connect. Toolkit.
The Stop.Think.Connect. Toolkit provides resources to help you stay safe online and host your own cyber event. Materials include ready-made cyber presentations, tip cards, and more.