October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month which is an annual campaign to raise awareness about cybersecurity. We live in a world that is more connected than ever before. The Internet touches almost all aspects of everyone’s daily life, whether we realize it or not. National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is designed to engage and educate public and private sector partners through events and initiatives to raise awareness about cybersecurity, provide them with tools and resources needed to stay safe online, and increase the resiliency of the Nation in the event of a cyber incident.
NCSAM 2016 Weekly Themes
Week 1: October 3-7, 2016 – Every Day Steps Towards Online Safety with Stop.Think.Connect.™
Week 2: October 10-14, 2016 – Cyber from the Break Room to the Board Room
Week 3: October 17-21, 2016 – Recognizing and Combating Cybercrime
Week 4: October 24-28, 2016 – Our Continuously Connected Lives: What’s Your ‘App’-titude?
Week 5: October 31, 2016 –Building Resilience in Critical Infrastructure
Please visit the NCSAM Resources page to find the 2016 NCSAM One Pager with information about the weekly themes.
We ask that everyone participate in National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Below are simple ways to get started. Continue to check back regularly for more information on how to promote #CyberAware Month.
- Use the NCSAM 2016 hashtag #CyberAware in your social media messages before and during the month.
- Sign up to receive the Stop.Think.Connect. monthly Friends Newsletter here.
- Become an official partner of the Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign here.
- Join the weekly NCSAM 2016 Twitter Chat series on Thursdays in October at 3p.m. EST using #ChatSTC.
- Post cybersecurity tips, news, and resources highlighting NCSAM 2016 on social media sites. Get started by reviewing the Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign Toolkit here.
NCSAM 2015 Highlights
Find resources from past National Cyber Security Awareness Months including NCSAM Presidential Proclamations, one-pager overviews, blog posts, and more here.