The Office of Homeland Security Statistics (OHSS) issues monthly data tables describing immigration enforcement and legal processes.
The file (at bottom of this page) includes tables on:
- Nationwide CBP Encounters by Encounter Type and Region;
- SW Border Encounters by Citizenship, Family Status, and Sector or Field Office;
- CBP One Appointments;
- SW Border Encounters Book-Out Outcomes by Agency, Citizenship, and Family Status;
- ICE ERO Administrative Arrests by Citizenship and Criminality;
- ICE ERO Book-Ins to Detention by Citizenship, Criminality, and Initial Arresting Agency;
- ICE ERO Removals and Returns by Citizenship, Criminality, and Initial Arresting Agency;
- DHS Repatriations by Type;
- DHS Removals by Citizenship, Criminality, and Initial Arresting Agency;
- DHS Enforcement Returns by Citizenship;
- DHS Administrative Returns by Citizenship;
- SW Border Credible Fear Screenings Referred to USCIS by Citizenship;
- SW Border Credible Fear Screenings Completed by Result;
- Confirmed Cuban, Haitian, Nicaraguan, and Venezuelan Parole Processes Beneficiaries;
- Cuban, Haitian, Nicaraguan, and Venezuelan Parole Processes Travel Authorizations; and
- Confirmed Cuban, Haitian, Nicaraguan, and Venezuelan Parole Processes Parolees.
About this Report
OHSS produced this report independently in support of its mission to maximize DHS data quality and transparency. OHSS works with DHS Component Statistical Officials and subject matter experts to standardize the reporting methodologies supporting this report. All data in this report are based on validated reporting standards, and Component statistical officials have further reviewed data tables for accuracy. Records may not match Component reporting due to differences in reporting methodologies or as-of dates.
Except as otherwise noted, all data are from the OHSS Persist Dataset, which is the OHSS immigration statistical system of record. OHSS constructs the Persist Dataset from DHS immigration Components’ operational reports drawn from official reporting systems on a monthly basis. Other sources, as identified in table sourcing, include data provided directly by operational Components.
This report is updated on a monthly basis 90 days after each month-end, with tables posted on the first Friday after the first Monday of the month. Data are current as of the report date and update previous OHSS releases. Future month-end and year-end reporting may include corrections and other updates and will supersede previous months’ data.
The newest report reflects the Office's most up-to-date methodology and data. Numbers may differ from previously published figures.
OHSS cleans and validates Component operational reports and uses unique record identifiers to deduplicate Component data. Data are converted to standardized formats according to published reporting standards that are validated by Component statistical officials and jointly managed pursuant to enterprise data governance rules.
Unit of Measure
Except as otherwise noted, the unit of measurement for all tables in this report is immigration events, including encounters, administrative arrests, and credible fear claims. A noncitizen encountered (or arrested, etc.) more than once during the reporting period is counted multiple times.
Data Fields and Definitions
See the OHSS Glossary for definitions of terms used in these tables.
|Immigration Enforcement and Legal Processes Monthly Tables - October 2023
|Immigration Enforcement and Legal Processes Monthly Tables - September 2023