DHS integrates privacy into all agency activities by:
- Evaluating Department programs, systems, and initiatives for potential privacy impacts, and providing mitigation strategies to reduce the privacy impact;
- Conducting robust compliance and oversight programs to ensure adherence with federal privacy law and policy in all DHS activities;
- Promoting privacy best practices and guidance to the Department’s information sharing and intelligence activities.
- Operating a Department-wide Privacy Incident Response Program to ensure that incidents involving personally identifiable information are properly reported, investigated, and mitigated;
- Responding to complaints of privacy violations and providing redress, as appropriate; and
- Training staff to sustain a culture of privacy across the Department.
Last Published Date: July 19, 2018