The Election Security Resources provides resources for helping to secure U.S. election systems.
- The Election Security Resources Guide provides key contacts and resources for helping to secure U.S. election systems.
- The U.S. Electoral Process Infographic includes preelection activities, election day activities, and postelection activities.
- The Election Infrastructure Security Funding Considerations document is for the Election Infrastructure Subsector (EIS) Government Coordinating Council (GCC) to provide direction to the election community regarding possible consideration, both short and long term, for the use of the newly available election funding, as well as to provide support for procurement decisions regarding use of the funding.
- The Ransomware Executive One-Pager and Technical Document is a U.S. Government interagency technical guidance document aimed to inform Chief Information Officers and Chief Information Security Officers at critical infrastructure entities, including small, medium, and large organizations. This document provides an aggregate of already existing Federal government and private industry best practices and mitigation strategies focused on the prevention and response to ransomware incidents.
- The Securing Voter Registration Data document outlines rich targets and may be an attractive target for computer intrusions.
- The Best Practices for Continuity of Operations publication is focused on the threat of enterprise-scale distributed propagation methods for malware and provides recommended guidance and considerations for an organization to address as part of their network architecture, security baseline, continuous monitoring, and Incident Response practices.
- The Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is an Internet communications protocol used to encrypt and securely transmit information between a user's web browser and the website they are connected to. Encryption is especially important on webpages that collect information through forms or require a user to login, such as online voter registration. If your election office website does not currently use HTTPS, consider implementing it immediately.
- The Incident Handling Overview for Election Officials provides election officials with cyber incident handling steps to assist the with incident readiness and the incident response services that the Department of Homeland Security National Protection and Programs Directorate can provide, by request, through its National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center.
- Drawing on lessons learned from the 2016 elections, the Intelligence Community (IC) created a Lexicon to better synchronize communications through the normalization of cyber terms used by the IC, election officials, and potentially the media. It provides a guide to cyber threat terms and related terminology issues likely to arise when describing cyber activity. The document includes a range of cyber-specific terms that may be required to accurately convey intelligence on a cyber threat event and terms that have been established by relevant authorities regarding technical infrastructure for conducting elections.
- Ensure you vote with confidence, see our best practices and learn where to get your trusted information.
- The DHS Campaign Checklist is a cybersecurity checklist to assist your campaign in protecting against malicious actors. This is not an exhaustive list, as good security requires constant attention based upon evolving risks. Implementing these protocols, and instilling a culture of digital vigilance, will put your team in the best position to focus on your campaign priorities instead of the consequences of a cyber incident.
- The Foreign Interference Taxonomy highlights malign actions taken by foreign governments or foreign actors.
- Before You Vote, see our best practices and learn where to get your trusted information.
- Vote with Confidence, election information and trusted resources.
- State & Local Official Results, get your official results from your state and local election officials.
|Election Security Resources Guide||1023.52 KB|
|U.S. Electoral Process Infographic||386.1 KB|
|The Ransomware Executive One-Pager and Technical Document||782.4 KB|
|Election Infrastructure Security Funding Considerations||435.61 KB|
|Securing Voter Registrration Data||490.8 KB|
|Best Practices for Continuity of Operations||567.45 KB|
|Incident Handling Overview for Election Officials||1.64 MB|
|Ensuring and Securing Your Vote - National Audience||527.2 KB|
|Ensuring and Securing Your Vote - State & Local Audience||413.26 KB|
|DHS Campaign Checklist||629.2 KB|
|Foreign Interference Taxonomy||797.37 KB|
|Before You Vote- National||1.01 MB|
|Before You Vote- State and Local||1003.18 KB|
|Vote with Confidence||322.37 KB|
|State & Local Official Results||672.42 KB|
Last Published Date: February 15, 2019