The Office of Immigration Statistics (OIS) develops, analyzes, and disseminates statistical information needed to inform policy and assess the effects of immigration in the United States. Our goal is to provide high-quality statistical information that is relevant, timely, cost-effective, and customer-oriented.
In alignment with this mission, OIS has five core strategic goals:
- Strategic Goal 1: Lead the DHS effort to integrate immigration-related data across the Federal Government.
- Strategic Goal 2: Improve the quality, timeliness, and utility of DHS immigration statistical data and analysis.
- Strategic Goal 3: Improve the dissemination of OIS products to inform policy-makers, Congress, and the public.
- Strategic Goal 4: Serve as an in-house DHS think-tank on immigration issues.
- Strategic Goal 5: Maintain a high-quality, motivated workforce and provide the environment to support it.
To learn more about the Office of Immigration Statistics, access the OIS Strategic Plan below.
|OIS Strategic Plan 2016-2020||292.14 KB|
Last Published Date: June 5, 2019