Regardless of how fast your fingers fly on a keyboard or cell phone, the best tool you have to help avoid risks online is your brain. Stop before you post, share, or send: do you trust the site you're on? How would you feel if your information ends up somewhere you didn’t intend? Below are some resources and materials to help you learn about safe cyber behavior.
- Download activity sheets, books, and other age-appropriate resources for preschool aged kids 3 to 7 years old on Savvy Cyber Kids.
- Play games as you navigate through the islands of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) Safe Online Surfing program for 3 – 8 grade students.
- Take a bite out of cybercrime with the National Crime Prevention Council’s McGruff the Crime Dog and sign McGruff’s Internet Safety Pledge (PDF, 1 page, 23 KB).
- Learn about the online issues affecting kids, tweens, and teens from NetSmartz, a program of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).
- Learn how to protect yourself, your family, and your devices with tips and resources from the National Cyber Security Alliance.
- Check out the National Centers of Academic Excellence for information on higher education in information assurance programs to meet America's growing demand for cybersecurity professionals.
- Follow ten simple, customized steps from the Federal Communications Commission’s Smartphone Security Checker to secure your mobile phone. In addition, learn how to safely use public Wi-Fi networks and what steps to take if your phone is stolen.
|Cybersecurity for Kids Tip Card||149.31 KB|
|Kids Presentation||537.6 KB|
|Kids Presentation||554.1 KB|
|Student Tip Card K-8 Students||151.49 KB|
|Student Tip Card 9-12 Students||154.11 KB|
|Student Tip Card Undergraduate Students||153.61 KB|
|Undergraduate Student Presentation||581.19 KB|
|Undergraduate Student Presentation||554.3 KB|
|Heads Up Guide||212.82 KB|
|Mobile Security Tip Card||152.12 KB|
|Mobile Safety One Pager||151.94 KB|
|Social Media Guide||180.59 KB|
|Cybersecurity While Traveling||149.32 KB|
|Internet of Things Tip Card||146.25 KB|
|Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign Backgrounder||157.25 KB|