Established by the Homeland Security Act of 2002, HSARPA uses innovation and modernization to further scientific advances and produce front-line products that support DHS components such as U.S. Customs and Borders Protection, the U.S. Secret Service, the U. S. Coast Guard, and the Transportation Security Administration, as well as state, local, and private sector entities including first responders and critical infrastructure operators.
HSARPA conducts analysis to understand these organizations’ current missions, systems and processes and helps identify operational gaps where new technologies can have the most impact. Program managers lead teams of subject matter experts to develop, test and evaluate these new homeland security technologies and capabilities.
Learn more about our work.
HSARPA conducts analysis to understand component organizations current missions, systems and processes and helps identify operational gaps where new technologies can have the most impact. Program managers lead teams of subject matter experts to develop, test and evaluate these new homeland security technologies and capabilities.
HSARPA has seven main functional elements who focus their initiatives on S&T's visionary goals to include developing products that will help secure the homeland:
- Borders and Maritime Security Division - Prevent contraband, criminals and terrorists from entering the U.S. while permitting the lawful flow of commerce and visitors.
- Chemical and Biological Defense Division - Detect, protect against, respond to and recover from potential biological or chemical events.
- Cyber Security Division - Create a safe, secure and resilient cyber environment.
- Explosives Division - Detect, prevent and mitigate non-nuclear explosives attacks against people and infrastructure.
- Program Executive Office Unmanned Aerial Systems - Guiding, assessing, advising, and enabling technical solutions for using SUAS and national efforts to counter SUAS misuse in the homeland.
- Science & Technology Engines - Centralized functions that provide the services to all Apex Programs and other programs with tailored solutions, best practices, subject matter expertise, and knowledge products.
- Integrated Product Teams - Identify capability gaps and find viable technologies that close those gaps and address components’ challenges
For comments or questions please contact our office.
If you have an idea or product that you would like to discuss, please email us.