The Science and Technology Directorate’s (S&T’s) Air, Land, and Port of Entry Security program develops and transitions technical capabilities that strengthen the security of our national airspace and land border by detecting and preventing the flow of illicit goods and people through the air, land, and sea domains, while facilitating and safeguarding lawful trade and travel through the ports of entry.
- Air, Land and Port of Entry Security Fact Sheet
- AgConnect®—Protecting Agriculture Infrastructure Fact Sheet
- Air Based Technologies Fact Sheet
- Ground Based Technologies Fact Sheet
- Port of Entry Based Technology Fact Sheet
- Port of Entry Forensics and Investigations Fact Sheet
- Port of Entry People Screening Sheet
- Protective Mats Fact Sheet
- Tunnel Detection and Surveillance Fact Sheet
- Vehicle Inspection for Early Warning (VIEW) – Phase 3 Fact Sheet
The following technology is available either commercially or from S&T. Review each product for contact information.
- News Release: DHS S&T Conducts Remote Screening Demonstration at Cape Cod Gateway Airport
- Feature Article: Virtual Reality at the Los Angeles Long Beach Seaport
- Feature Article: Robot Dogs Take Another Step Towards Deployment
- News Release: S&T Awards funds to Detect Vehicle-Borne Explosives
- News Release: DHS Awards $950K to Hawaii Small Business for Remote Sensor Data Protection
- Feature Article: Evaluating Border Security Technologies in the Plains of North Dakota
- Feature Article: S&T Collaborates with Federal Partners to Improve Air Domain Awareness at the Northern Border
- Feature Article: S&T Tests Remote Communications Device for Agents on Northern Border
- Snapshot: The Growing Impact of the Team Awareness Kit
- News Release: DHS Awards $198K for Raw Material Import Tracking Using Blockchain
Centers of Excellence
- The Center of Excellence for Cross-Border Threat Screening and Supply Chain Defense – Led by Texas A&M University, CBTS focuses on technologies detecting biological threats moving through global supply chains, data integration and analytics to support threat detection, and novel methods to minimize risks to DHS operations.
Learn more about our R&D mission and discover how you can Work with S&T to help strengthen the nation's homeland security!