Mass Rescue Operations Device Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) - DHS S&T invites industry and academia to submit white papers and full proposals under the Mass Rescue Operation (MRO) Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for the development of a non-standard, innovative, large capacity, ultra-lightweight floating device that could be deployed from air and surface assets to keep survivors out of the water during an MRO. This BAA addresses a requirement by the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) to support search and rescue activities attendant upon a mass-casualty event at sea. For more details on this solicitation please visit the MRO BAA solicitation on our portal. White papers are due August 5, 2021, and proposals are due October 29, 2021.
- The Long Range Broad Agency Announcements (LRBAA) is a standing, open invitation to the scientific and technical communities to propose novel ideas that address the high-priority needs of DHS Components. DHS S&T recently released its annual announcement of the LRBAA, which calls out 23 topics, including eleven new topics, two updated topics, and ten enduring topics. View open topics on the BAA portal
Innovation Funding Programs
S&T’s innovation funding programs often have open solicitations that incentivize industry to help solve critical homeland security challenges. Visit our Funding Innovation page or go directly to the program pages to learn more about processes, eligibility, timelines, and how to apply.
- Targeted and Long Range Broad Agency Announcements
- Prize Competitions
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
- Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP)
- Binational Industrial Research and Development Homeland Security (BIRD HLS) Program
Traditional Acquisition Mechanisms
A number of resources provide access to open acquisition opportunities through https://www.sam.gov/SAM/ including acquisitions specific to DHS. In addition, the Government Acquisition & Grants Portal helps more than 100,000 vendors and grant applicants, find, respond to and win opportunities for contracts, grants, and other types of assistance funding.
Search for grant opportunities on Grants.gov.