- NEW TOPICS RELEASED! The Long Range Broad Agency Announcements (LRBAA) is a standing, open invitation to the scientific and technical communities to propose novel ideas that address the high-priority needs of DHS Components. DHS S&T recently released its annual announcement of the LRBAA, which calls out 23 topics, including eleven new topics, two updated topics, and ten enduring topics. View open topics on the BAA portal
Binational Industrial Research & Development Homeland Security (BIRD HLS) Program 2021 Call for Proposals is open. Proposals must include research and development cooperation between a U.S. and an Israeli company or research organization to create innovative technologies that lead to commercialization. Topics include six areas for U.S. and Israeli collaboration. Submission deadline for Executive Summaries is April 27, 2021, and Final Proposals are due June 15, 2021. A full description of submission requirements can be found on the BIRD Foundation website.
Innovation Funding Programs
S&T’s innovation funding programs often have open solicitations that incentivize industry to help solve critical homeland security challenges. Visit our Funding Innovation page or go directly to the program pages to learn more about processes, eligibility, timelines, and how to apply.
- Targeted and Long Range Broad Agency Announcements
- Prize Competitions
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
- Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP)
- Binational Industrial Research and Development Homeland Security (BIRD HLS) Program
Traditional Acquisition Mechanisms
A number of resources provide access to open acquisition opportunities through https://www.sam.gov/SAM/ including acquisitions specific to DHS. In addition, the Government Acquisition & Grants Portal helps more than 100,000 vendors and grant applicants, find, respond to and win opportunities for contracts, grants, and other types of assistance funding.
Search for grant opportunities on Grants.gov.