The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) First Responders Group (FRG) invites members of the private sector, academia, laboratories, and the innovation community to attend an industry day on March 23, 2017, to learn about first responder capability gaps and opportunities to partner with DHS to rapidly develop technology solutions.
Industry Day attendees will have opportunities to ask questions of program managers and interact with members of the First Responder Resource Group — representatives of all response disciplines who inform FRG’s research and development efforts.
Staff from FRG’s Responder Technologies Division (R-Tech) will also provide overviews of technical topic areas that will be included in a new Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) solicitation (HSHQDC-13-R-B0012) that will open in mid-April.
View a video from R-Tech’s Greg Price and Milt Nenneman about FRG’s BAA solicitation process.
Who Should Attend
Members of industry, academia, laboratories, and the innovation community interested in submitting a proposal under this BAA call.
Industry Day Background
Some of the goals of the upcoming BAA solicitation will be to:
- Increase situational awareness via real-time incident management tools;
- Protect wildland firefighters from exposure to environmental toxins and particulates;
- Integrate public data feeds with an alerting system to inform emergency responder decision making and resource allocation;
- Design energy-harvesting smart fabric technology for first responder uniforms;
- Develop an emergency vehicle navigation system that makes risk-based route calculations based on available traffic and transit data;
- Develop early warning systems to alert both responders and civilians to emergency vehicles approaching incident scenes; and
- Arm bomb squads with a multi-mission disrupter system to support land or water operations, as well as a multi-meter wire attack kit to increase bomb technician performance.
View a draft list of the official BAA technical topic areas.
Event Details and Registration
When: March 23, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Presentations)
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (One-on-One Meetings)
Where: National Association of Home Builders
National Housing Center
1201 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Register: http://www.cvent.com/d/svqv4y by March 20