This page provides other helpful stakeholder resources related to P25.
S&T developed certification marks to underscore the process leading to the identification of P25 CAP compliant radios. Only properly certified recognized laboratories and accrediting bodies are entitled to use the P25 CAP certification mark upon execution of a licensing agreement with DHS.
- P25 CAP Recognized Laboratory Certification Mark Usage Guidelines
- P25 CAP Accreditation Body Certification Mark Usage Guidelines
For information on executing a licensing agreement to use a P25 CAP certification mark, please contact P25CAP@hq.dhs.gov.
Office of Emergency Communications (OEC)
OEC plays a key role in ensuring federal, state, local, tribal and territorial agencies have the necessary plans, resources, and training needed to support operable and advanced interoperable emergency communications.
- OEC and P25: OEC participates on the P25 Steering Committee. The P25 Steering Committee maintains a User Needs Subcommittee, which is the primary source for user input into P25 standards.
- Link: www.dhs.gov/office-emergency-communications
Project 25 Technology Interest Group (PTIG)
This group promotes the success of Project 25 and educates interested parties on the benefits that the standard offers.
- PTIG and P25: PTIG is a group of individuals and organizations who share the mutual interest of advancing the refinement, development, deployment, and applications of the digital communications technology represented by Project 25 industry standards. PTIG members include two-way radio communications experts, public safety professionals, and equipment manufacturers. PTIG members recognize the need for, and have a direct stake in, the continued development of the critical communications capabilities represented in the P25 standards.
- Link: http://www.project25.org/
Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
TIA is the leading trade association representing the global information and communications technology industry through standards development, policy initiatives, business opportunities, market intelligence and networking events. TIA is a Standards Development Organization (SDO) and is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- TIA and P25:
- The TIA-TR-8 Mobile and Personal Private Radio Standards Committee develops and publishes the TIA-102 Standard, which is then adopted by the P25 Steering Committee as the Project 25 Standard.
- TIA maintains engineering subcommittees to develop and update P25/TIA-102 standards.
- TIA develops standardized test procedures for P25/TIA-102 standards, which are then referenced in Recommended Compliance Assessment Tests (RCATs) documents. The P25 CAP Compliance Assessment Bulletins (CABs) use the test procedures published by TIA for P25 CAP testing. Having defined test procedures to help validate whether P25 equipment meets the standard is important. However, it should be noted that not all published P25 standards are tested.
- Link: https://www.tiaonline.org/standards-committees/tr-8
SAFECOM Grant Guidance
Updated annually to provide current information on emergency communications policies, eligible costs, best practices, and technical standards for state, local, tribal, and territorial grantees investing federal funds in emergency communications projects. This is a particularly useful resource for the best practices it provides around purchasing emergency communications capabilities, like land mobile radios. To improve interoperability across investments, grantees are strongly encouraged to ensure that digital voice systems and equipment purchased with federal grant funds are compliant with the P25 suite of standards, unless otherwise noted in a program’s grant guidance. Grantees should purchase P25 compliant systems and equipment in accordance with the P25 Compliance Assessment Program.
P25 CAP News
- DHS P25 CAP Expands Program to Include ISSI/CSSI Equipment
- DHS Releases Two Compliance Assessment Bulletins for Public Comment
- DHS Releases Compliance Assessment Bulletin for 30 Day Public Comment
- P25 Compliance: What should it mean to you?
- DHS S&T Establishes Advisory Panel to Help Ensure Radio Interoperability Among First Responders