The State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Government Coordinating Council (SLTTGCC) strengthens the sector partnership structure by bringing together geographically diverse experts from a wide range of critical infrastructure disciplines to ensure that state, local, tribal, and territorial officials play an integral role in national critical infrastructure security and resilience efforts.
The primary functions of the SLTTGCC include:
- Providing senior-level, cross-jurisdictional strategic communications and coordination through partnership with the Department of Homeland Security, the sector-specific agencies, and critical infrastructure owners and operators.
- Participating in planning efforts related to the development, implementation, update, and revision of the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP), Sector-Specific Plans (SSP), or aspects thereof.
- Coordinating strategic issues and issue management resolution among state, local, tribal, and territorial partners and federal departments and agencies.
- Coordinating with the Department of Homeland Security to support efforts to plan, implement, and execute the nation’s critical infrastructure protection mission.
- Providing the Department of Homeland Security with information on state, local, tribal, and territorial-level critical infrastructure protection initiatives, activities, and best practices.
The Council maintains a minimum of 24 state, local, tribal, and territorial leaders who have critical infrastructure security and resilience expertise and experience. Additional members may be nominated for inclusion on the SLTTGCC. For information on how to be considered for membership, interested parties should email the SLTTGCC Secretariat at email@example.com.
The SLTTGCC is led by the Executive Committee, consisting of the Chair, Vice-Chair, and the Chairs of the various Council working groups. The current leadership includes:
- Chair – Curtis Parsons, Homeland Security and Emergency Management Coordinator, Lenawee County, Michigan
- Vice Chair - Brian Wright, Director, Critical Infrastructure Program, State of New York
Working Group Chairs and Co-Chairs
- Bill Minear, Access Credentialing Working Group
- Mark Hogan, Cybersecurity Working Group
- Shelly Schechter, Information Sharing Working Group
- Brian Wright, IP Gateway Working Group
- Irene Navis, Regional Working Group Co-Chair
- Kevin Clement, Regional Working Group Co-Chair
- James Battese, Tribal and Territorial Working Group
- Bob Zehentbauer, Policy and Planning Working Group
For questions or assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.