The State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Government Coordinating Council (SLTTGCC) strengthens the sector partnership structure by bringing together geographically diverse experts from a wide range of critical infrastructure disciplines to ensure that state, local, tribal, and territorial officials play an integral role in national critical infrastructure security and resilience efforts.
The primary functions of the SLTTGCC include:
- Providing senior-level, cross-jurisdictional strategic communications and coordination through partnership with the Department of Homeland Security, the sector-specific agencies, and critical infrastructure owners and operators.
- Participating in planning efforts related to the development, implementation, update, and revision of the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP), Sector-Specific Plans (SSP), or aspects thereof.
- Coordinating strategic issues and issue management resolution among state, local, tribal, and territorial partners and federal departments and agencies.
- Coordinating with the Department of Homeland Security to support efforts to plan, implement, and execute the nation’s critical infrastructure protection mission.
- Providing the Department of Homeland Security with information on state, local, tribal, and territorial-level critical infrastructure protection initiatives, activities, and best practices.
The Council maintains a minimum of 25 state, local, tribal, and territorial leaders who have critical infrastructure security and resilience expertise and experience. Additional members may be nominated for inclusion on the SLTTGCC. For information on how to be considered for membership, interested parties should email the SLTTGCC Secretariat at email@example.com.
The SLTTGCC is led by the Executive Committee, consisting of the Chair, Vice-Chair, and the Chairs of the various Council working groups. The current leadership includes:
- Chair – Jeremy Sroka, Critical Infrastructure Protection Coordinator, Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Vice Chair – Kevin Catlin, City Manger, City of Springfield, Michigan
Working Groups and Chairs
Cybersecurity Working Group
- Theresa Masse, Chief Information Security Officer, Port of Portland, Oregon
Information Sharing Working Group
- Shelly Schechter, Director, Division of Community Health and Maternal and Child Health (MCH), Department of Health, Nassau County, New York
Infrastructure Identification and Prioritization Working Group
- Brian Wright, Assistant Director, Office of Counter Terrorism, Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services, State of New York
Partner Engagement Working Group
- Jim Battese, Director of Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, Miami Tribe of Oklahoma
Policy and Planning Working Group
- Aimee Binning, Emergency Management Coordinator, Albany County, Wyoming
Regional Initiatives Working Group
- Debra Winsor, Sergeant, Seattle Police Department, Washington State Fusion Center
Tools, Resources and Training Working Group
- Paul Dean, Chief of Police/Assistant Vice President for Public Safety and Risk Management, University of New Hampshire
- SLTTGCC Sector-Specific Plan
- SLTTGCC Compendium of Cyber Resources
- Council Charter and Membership
- Council Working Groups
For questions or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.