DHS provides free tools and resources to communities because the Department recognizes that communities are the first line of defense in keeping the public safe and secure.
- The Office of Academic Engagement supports institutions of higher education in preparing for, responding to, and recovering from a range of risks and threats.
- K-12 School Security: A Guide for Preventing and Protecting against Gun Violence (2nd ed., 2018) provides preventive and protective measures to address the threat of gun violence in schools.
- Insider Threat Mitigation provides resources and information for organizations to establish and maintain a comprehensive insider threat program.
- Download the Tools and Resources to Help Businesses Plan, Prepare, and Protect from an Attack Fact Sheet.
- At a Glance Guide for Protecting Faith Based Venues
- The Ready Campaign provides help with planning for businesses.
- “If You See Something, Say Something®” is more than just a slogan. Call local law enforcement.
- Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) Initiative (NSI) information and SAR training for private sector partners.
- Counter-Improvised Explosive Device information and resources.
- Review the What You Can Do When There Is a Bomb Threat checklist and watch the video.
- Learn about DHS cybersecurity programs and the Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign.
- Get the latest tips from the U.S. Computer Emergency Response Team.
- InfraGard is a public-private partnership between the FBI and the private sector that represents individuals from businesses, academic institutions, State and local law enforcement, fire and EMS agencies, as well as other participants dedicated to sharing information, education, and intelligence.
Last Published Date: August 22, 2018