The Workers’ Compensation (WC) Medical Case Management Services (MCMS) vehicle is a Department-wide blanket purchase agreement (BPA) to provide medical review and oversight of WC claims, thus ensuring timely and appropriate medical treatment to DHS employees and their successful return to the workforce.
The scope of this BPA includes: (1) injury care support services; (2) medical case management services; and (3) access to a case management database. This includes support for historical and/or new WC cases, proactive management of cases from the first report of injury (FROI) through successful return-to-work or case resolution, toll free injury reporting hotline to capture and input data from the FROI, live phone coverage to receive calls, and data input into a case management database.
Under this BPA, DHS Components may place orders on a Firm-Fixed Price (FFP), Time and Materials (T&M) or Labor Hour (LH) basis or any combination of thereof.
Mandatory (with exceptions)
WC MCMS provide Components the following benefits:
- Reduced costs through decreased claims and time spent on Workers’ Compensation;
- Increased economies of scale through consolidation of services
- Consistent quality of medical intervention care;
- Uniform quality assurance standards and measures across DHS;
- Standardized tracking and reporting; and
- More efficient review and verification of Department of Labor (DOL) chargebacks.
Period of Performance (POP)
One base year, 4 one-year option years + 1 six-months extension (9/27/2013 - 3/26/2019)
Post Award Teaming
For teaming opportunities, please contact the applicable awardee(s)
Number of Awardees
1 women-owned small business
Name: Managed Care Advisors, Inc
BPA #: HSHQDC-13-A-00048
To contact us regarding a Strategic Sourcing Vehicle or future initiative, please email SSPOInquiry@hq.dhs.gov.