The Government Emergency Telecommunications Service (GETS) and the Wireless Priority Service (WPS) are companion services for priority calling. The registration process will allow you to request both services. The OEC recommends that individuals requesting WPS also request a GETS card.
Most organizations have a single point of contact (POC) who is able to submit GETS and WPS requests online. However, large or geographically disbursed organizations may elect to establish multiple POCs.
- If you already know your organization’s POC, please contact that individual to request a GETS card.
- To find out if your organization has a POC, click here.
- To change the POC for your organization, click here.
- Organizations without a POC will need to establish one.
To establish a POC:
- Click on your organization type below and complete the online form (click on “yes” at the Redirection page).
- Once submitted, the DHS Priority Telecommunications Service Center will contact you within five business days to review your request. Supporting documentation may be required.
- Once approved, you will receive website login information (by email) and a GETS card (by U.S. Mail) within 10 business days. Notification of any WPS activations will be sent by email once the carriers provide enrollment confirmation.