The following analytic courses have been reviewed for compliance with the Common Competencies for State, Local, and Tribal Intelligence Analysts and approved by FEMA for inclusion in either the National Training and Education Division (NTED) Training Course Catalog or the State/Federal Sponsored Training Course Catalog. These courses meet analytic training requirements for fusion center analysts set forth in the Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP).
Additional information on FEMA’s National Training and Education Division (NTED), approved courses, and course submission processes is located at https://www.firstrespondertraining.gov.
Approved courses listed below, along with other analytic-focused courses, are also included on the Master Training Calendar.
- DHS Basic Intelligence and Threat Analysis Course (BITAC) (DHS-008-PREV)
- DHS Critical Thinking and Analytic Methods (CTAM) (AWR-231)
- DHS Introduction to Risk Analysis Course
- DHS Intermediate Risk Analysis Course
- DHS Principles of Intelligence Writing and Briefing (PIWB) (PER-301)
- Foundations in Intelligence Analysis Training (FIAT) (WV-001-PREV)
- Intelligence Analyst Professional Development Program (IAPDP) – Texas (DHS-032-PREV)
- Intermediate Fusion Center Analyst Training: Analysis and Terrorism Prevention (CA-026-PREV)
- Intermediate Fusion Center Analyst Training: Strategic Analysis and Oral Briefings (CA-025-PREV)
- Law Enforcement Analyst Program (FL-002-PREV)
- ODNI Analysis 101 (DHS-007-PREV)
- Suspicious Activity Reporting Analysis (DHS-034-PREV)
- Suspicious Activity Reporting: The Analytic Role (DHS-035-PREV)
Courses Pending Review
- Collaborative Intelligence Analysis (NJ-017-PREV)
- RIA Scenario-Based Analyst Training Course (NJ-011-PREV)
- Terrorism Intelligence Analysis (CA-018-PREV)