Welcome to the Gender-Based Violence Awareness Course. This training was developed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for airport and private aviation industry personnel. This course is designed to help you define the concept of gender-based violence, identify various forms of gender-based violence, and describe ways to support gender-based violence victims and survivors.
To get victims assistance for Forced Marriage, contact the Tahirih Justice Center’s Forced Marriage Initiative at is 571-282-6187. Survivors can also email FMI@tahirih.org.
To get victims assistance for Domestic Violence, contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-787-3224.
To get victims assistance for FGM/C, contact the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or for adults contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888.
For more information on specific forms of gender-based violence, please utilize the following resources:
Domestic Violence or Intimate Partner Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Asian Pacific Institute on Gender-Based Violence
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Esperanza United
- Ujima, Inc. The National Center on Violence Against Women in the Black Community
- Strong Hearts Native Helpline for Indigenous Survivors
- Stalking Resource Center – The National Center for Victims of Crime