Welcome to the Gender-Based Violence Awareness Course. This training was developed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for airport and private aviation industry personnel. This course is designed to help you define the concept of gender-based violence, identify various forms of gender-based violence, and describe ways to support gender-based violence victims and survivors.
DHS Gender-Based Violence Pamphlets and Flyers
DHS has created Gender-Based Violence Pamphlets and Flyers that define what gender-based violence (GBV) is, who is affected by GBV, and how and where to seek help if you or someone you know is experiencing any form of gender-based violence. The pamphlet and flyer are available in English, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Traditional), French, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, and Urdu.
Victim Assistance Information
To get victims assistance for Domestic Violence, contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-787-3224.
For more information on specific forms of gender-based violence, please utilize the following resources for Forced Marriage, Domestic Violence or Intimate Partner Violence, and FGM/C.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Asian Pacific Institute on Gender-Based Violence
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Esperanza United
- Ujima, Inc. The National Center on Violence Against Women in the Black Community
- Strong Hearts Native Helpline for Indigenous Survivors
- Stalking Resource Center – The National Center for Victims of Crime