Did you know that your Component Employee Assistance Program (EAP) includes a legal resource benefit? This benefit provides employees and their eligible family members with no-cost legal advice for a wide variety of legal issues, including:
- Family law matters, including divorce, custody, child support, and adoption
- Bankruptcy and credit issues
- Landlord/tenant issues, including eviction and lease questions
- Real estate and foreclosure
- Civil actions and small claims court
- Wills and living wills
- Name changes
- Probate matters
Please note that Employment-related issues are excluded from this benefit.
Your Employee Assistance Program is Here to Help
Your Component EAP is a great resource for legal services. In addition to no-cost telephonic consultation, your EAP can refer you to a qualified attorney who specializes in the type of law that your legal issue requires. For any additional questions, contact your Component EAP specialist or DHS Work-Life Specialist at email@example.com for more information.