Did you know that your Component Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support for parents at all stages of parenthood, from planning a family to sending your child to college?
Your EAP provides support for parents of newborns, expectant parents, and those who are planning to start a family, including:
- Childcare locator services, including a personalized search for open childcare slots and costs in your area.
- Adoption support services, including referrals to adoption agencies, information on the adoption process, and legal and financial consultations.
- Referrals to legal professionals for help drafting or updating your will.
- Confidential and professional support for new mothers who might be experiencing postpartum depression.
Your EAP offers support for parents of school-aged children, including:
- Referrals to summer camps and aftercare programs.
- Referrals to financial professionals for setting up a college fund.
- Confidential and professional support for common parenting challenges, including support for effective coparenting.
- Support for parents of children with special needs.
- Confidential and professional support for children who may be experiencing bullying, anxiety, or struggles at school.
Your EAP also provides support for parents of teenagers, including:
- Referrals to tutors and college scholarship searches.
- Coaching for effective communication skills with your teen.
- Confidential and professional support for common teen challenges, including defiant behavior, eating disorders, alcohol use, and troubles in school.
Your Employee Assistance Program Can Help
Your EAP provides you with support for a variety of parenting stages. Free and confidential EAP services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information, contact your Component EAP, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.