Stress is an unavoidable part of everyday life. While some stress is considered normal, and even positive at times, it isn’t healthy to let stress build up. Here are some tips that can help you manage daily stress.
- Do one thing at a time. Focus on doing one thing at a time. Clear your desk of distractions and pick one project to work on.
- Get moving. Do something each day to stay active. You can walk, hike, play a sport, go for a run, or do yoga.
- Develop a new healthy habit. Start with one healthy habit to focus on and add more over time. Examples include snacking with fruits and vegetables, adding a few minutes of exercise to your daily routine, cooking a healthy meal, or drinking water instead of soda.
- Do something calming. Find your own calming activity like reading or practicing your favorite hobby and try to do it each day.
- Streamline your finances. Finances can be a drain on your energy and a major stressor. Automate your savings and bill payments and consider finding ways to enjoy your free time that don’t involve spending money.
- Get creative. Consider writing, painting, woodworking, playing music, sketching, cooking, making pottery, or building things.
- Declutter. Take 20 to 30 minutes to go through a room and get rid of stuff you don’t use or need any more.
Your EAP Can Help
Your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can provide you with more tools and resources to manage your stress. Help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For any additional questions, you can reach out to our worklife team at firstname.lastname@example.org.