Thank you all for your generosity during the 2021 Feds Feed Families campaign. This year DHS employees across the country donated more than 435,000 pounds of food and nonperishable items. The mission of Feds Feed Families is to bring help and support to the communities in which we work. Employees throughout the Department once again demonstrated their commitment to our mission with exceptional generosity during this year’s campaign.
Below are some great examples of our coworkers in action:
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services organized gleaning opportunities to provide fresh produce to local food pantries.
- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency organized a virtual background campaign, where employees were challenged to create their own Feds Feed Families background to display during online meetings.
- The Office of Biometric Identity Management encouraged all leaders to bring in donations during their in-person meetings.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection worked with their veterans office to promote Feds Feed Families through the Veterans & Hunger program and provided messaging throughout the campaign.
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers held a virtual challenge allowing employees to guess the amount of candy in a jar. The winning office received a trophy and full credit for the number of pounds of food collected by the entire office.
- The U.S. Coast Guard provided volunteer opportunities at a local food bank and displayed a homemade thermometer in the front of the building to track progress.
- The Transportation Security Administration offered various employee challenges within airports to encourage donations.
Thank you all for your generous contributions and time in support of another successful Feds Feed Families campaign at DHS. Every pound you donated and hour you volunteered helped make a difference in someone’s life.