Federal benefits open season runs from November 8 through December 13, 2021. This is an important time to review your health, dental, vision and flexible spending account options to decide what plans meet you and your family's needs for the upcoming year.
As part of open season, you can also register to attend the 2021 Virtual Benefits Fair to review 2022 plan details, watch informational videos, and visit carrier booths to shop and compare different benefit plans. The Virtual Benefits Fair is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from any desktop computer, tablet, or mobile device. Helpful resources for all federal employees will be featured, including information about the following benefits:
- Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP)
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program
- Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP)
- Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS)
Representatives from all participating insurance carriers will also be available to take your questions during four scheduled live chat days from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (ET):
- Friday, November 12, 2021
- Friday, November 19, 2021
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021
If you have questions about this year's federal benefits open season, please contact your Component's benefits office. You can type “Homeland Security" in the search bar at the top of the page to locate DHS Components.