With the New Year comes time for reflection and an opportunity to improve in different aspects of your life. As you head into 2022 and set goals for the year, remember to add your health and wellbeing to your resolution list. Here are some tips to make this your healthiest year yet:
- Get Active. Aim for at least 2 ½ hours a week of moderately-intense physical activity.
- Make healthy food choices. Include lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts into your diet. Drink plenty of water and choose nutritious options such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Limit smoking and alcohol intake. Decreasing or eliminating smoking and drinking can cause immediate benefits to your overall health.
- Follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) safety guidelines. Allow for at least 6 feet of space between you and others, wear masks, wash your hands, and disinfect surfaces often.
- Make recommended appointments with your doctor. Schedule check-ups, vaccinations, and screenings.
- Stay in balance. Pay attention to your body’s needs and make time for self-care. Set boundaries, take time to unwind, get enough sleep, build a meaningful social network, and practice gratitude.
- Seek help when you need it. Get the support you need through the Employee Assistance Programs (EAP). EAP support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Remember, small positive changes can make a big difference. With consistency and practice, poor habits will gradually be replaced with new positive daily rituals, leading to a healthier, happier you. To learn more, visit the CDC’s website.
Always consult with your physician or health professional before starting an exercise or diet plan. For more information on additional employee resources, please contact email@example.com.