It can be difficult to remain positive through life’s adversities; however, a positive attitude can help you remain hopeful and resilient, even through trying times. A positive attitude means seeking optimism in all situations and interactions. Achieving a positive attitude can equip you with the tools you need to cope with stress in a healthier way. By contrast, a negative attitude can lead to increased stress and negatively impacts others.
Here are some simple strategies to help you have a more positive attitude.
- Start a daily gratitude journal.
- Treat yourself to some self-care every day.
- Start every morning strong.
- Avoid engaging in gossip or negative self-talk.
- Take real breaks throughout the day to de-stress.
- Plan something to look forward to after work.
- Practice mindfulness meditation.
- Focus on the long-term instead of the short-term.
- Listen to music that matches or uplifts your mood.
- Find humor and laugh more.
Your Employee Assistance Program Can Help
While it is not always easy to remain positive through life’s challenges, your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help. Licensed EAP counselors are available 24 hours a day to provide supportive resources and expert guidance to learn the skills you need to improve your resilience and optimism.
The EAP is a voluntary and confidential employee benefit available to you and your eligible household members at no cost. For more information, contact your Component EAP, or send an email to email@example.com.