The start of a new year presents a time for reflection and opportunity to improve in different aspects of your life. As you head into 2024 and set goals for the year, remember to add your health and well-being to your resolution list. Here are tips to prioritize your health and wellness throughout the year:
- Schedule your annual medical appointments.
- Get physically active and aim for at least two and a half hours of physical activity every week.
- Make healthy food choices by drinking plenty of water. Include lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts into your diet, and choose nutritious options such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Limit smoking and alcohol intake. Decreasing or eliminating smoking and drinking can cause immediate benefits to your overall health.
- Pay attention to your body’s needs and make time for self-care. Set boundaries, take time to unwind, prioritize sleep, build a meaningful social network, and practice gratitude.
- Seek help when you need it. Support is accessible through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Remember, small positive changes can make a big difference. With consistency and practice, poor habits will gradually be replaced with new positive daily rituals, leading to a healthier and happier life.
For information on employee resources, contact email@example.com.