The Federal Protective Service (FPS) ensures safe and secure working environments for federal workers and visitors in approximately 9,500 federal facilities nationwide. FPS is an industry leader in physical security and law enforcement operations, embracing an innovative, strategic approach to security centered on advance planning and preparedness.
As the premier provider of security and law enforcement services at U.S. federal government facilities, FPS plays a leading role in the protection of our nation's critical infrastructure.
- Conducting comprehensive security assessment of vulnerabilities at facilities
- Developing and implementing protective countermeasures, based on the latest risk management tools and technology
- Installing alarm systems, x-ray and magnetometer equipment, and entry control systems
- Monitoring systems at federal facilities for proper performance and security breaches
- Providing uniformed police response and investigative follow-up
- Contracting for security guard services
- Performing hazardous materials preparedness and response operations
- Managing K9 explosive detection operations
- Providing critical security services and logistical support at high-profile public events
- Coordinating vital emergency services and disaster response during and after natural disasters
- Engaging federal facility tenants through crime prevention seminars, facility security surveys, intelligence-gathering operations and more.