You can be part of a team that procures over $20 billion worth of goods and services annually in support of the Department's mission. This is the third largest procurement budget in the federal government.
We are seeking people to fill challenging contract specialist positions in:
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security,
- U.S. Coast Guard,
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection,
- Transportation Security Administration,
- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement,
- U.S. Secret Service, Office of Procurement Operations,
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, and
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
- Acquisition Professional Career Program
- Experienced Federal Annuitants
- Key Requirements
The Department has enacted a number of different programs to encourage the hiring of Acquisition Professionals.
Acquisition Professional Career Program
The Acquisition Professional Career Program is a new entry-level program for college graduates designed to develop future Department acquisition leaders.
Student Hire Internship Program for Procurement Professionals
The Student Hire Internship Program (SHIP) for Procurement Professionals offers current students in relevant educational program internships in DHS procurement offices during the period before graduation.
Experienced Federal Annuitants
The Experienced Federal Annuitants program encourages reemployment with the Department without sacrificing your retirement annuity.
- U. S. Citizenship required.
- You must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Drug testing may be required.
- You will be required to submit financial disclosure forms annually.
Our acquisition workforce recruitment team is ready to assist you in learning more about the Department's acquisition opportunities. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about GS-9-15 career opportunities.