On May 19, 2010, the United States and Mexico affirmed the importance of our shared border by issuing a Joint Declaration on 21st Century Border Management. An efficient border that encourages commerce and deters criminal activities is a key component of our bilateral cooperation and the prosperity of the United States and Mexico in the 21st century. Some $1.25 billion in two-way trade and nearly one million people cross our land border each day for legitimate trade and travel. Below, find important documents and fact sheets about 21st Century Border Management.
- Joint Declaration on 21st Century Border Management
- U.S. - Mexico 21st Century Border Management 2013 Progress Report (PDF, 5 pages - 56.8 KB)
- Executive Steering Committee 2013 Action Plan (PDF, 6 pages - 1.34 MB)
- U.S.-Mexico Regional Border Master Plans
- White Paper: U.S.-Mexico Land Ports of Entry Emissions and Border Wait-Times (PDF, 85 pages - 1.04 MB)
- Measuring Border Delay and Crossing Times at the U.S.-Mexico Border: Final Report on Automated Crossing and Wait Time Measurement (PDF, 140 pages - 4.79 MB)