The Department of Homeland Security is committed to enforcing our immigration laws so that we can secure our border and keep the American people safe. DHS is taking action to disrupt cartels, smugglers, and nefarious actors. These actions include referring and then prosecuting 100 percent of illegal border crossers, building the first new border wall in a decade, and deploying the National Guard to the border.
However, smugglers, human traffickers, and nefarious actors know our loopholes well and continue to exploit them. To truly keep the American people safe, we must end legal loopholes that have left us with policies that serve as tremendous magnets for illegal immigration.
- Myth vs. Fact: DHS Zero-Tolerance Policy (June 18, 2018)
- Fact Sheet: Zero Tolerance Immigration Prosecutions - Families (June 15, 2018)
- Frequently Asked Questions: Zero Tolerance Immigration Prosecutions (June 15, 2018)
- Information Provided to Families While in CBP's Custody (June 15, 2018)
- What You Need To Know About President Donald J. Trump’s Efforts To End Catch And Release (April 9, 2018)
- What You Need to Know About Catch and Release (April 2, 2018)
- Unaccompanied Alien Children and Family Units Are Flooding the Border Because of Catch and Release Loopholes (February 15, 2018)
- We Need to End Unchecked Chain Migration and Eliminate the Reckless Visa Lottery to Secure the Nation and Protect the American Worker (February 15, 2018)
- We Must Secure The Border And Build The Wall To Make America Safe Again (February 15, 2018)
- To Make America Safe Again, We Must End Sanctuary Cities and Remove Criminal Aliens (February 15, 2018)