On Thursday, February 27, Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf will visit the Charlotte area to tour the Mecklenburg County Board of Elections facility and have a discussion with state and local elections officials on security of the 2020 election. The Department of Homeland Security is the primary federal agency tasked with election security.
- Chad Wolf, Acting Secretary of U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Karen Brinson Bell, Executive Director, State Board of Elections
- Michael Dickerson, Director, Mecklenburg County Board of Elections
Site visit of the Mecklenburg County Board of Elections warehouse followed by a press conference
Thursday, February 27, afternoon
Please RSVP for specific time
Mecklenburg County Board of Elections
3205 Freedom Drive, Suite 5500
Charlotte, NC 28208
Every member of the media who plans to attend the event must RSVP by sending an email with the name, title, phone number and email address of every member of the reporting team to MediaInquiry@hq.dhs.gov and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press will be required to pre-set prior to the event for a security sweep.
- Photographers will be able to get b-roll footage only of the acting secretary walking through the Board of Elections warehouse.
- Multbox will be available during the press conference.