The FLETC College Intern Program provides a unique opportunity for college students majoring in criminal justice, criminology, or a related field of study from across the country, to participate in a federal law enforcement training environment.
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Interns receive a per diem rate of $49/day, including weekends and holidays while at FLETC, to offset incidental expenses, meals, and personal expenses.
To be considered you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be able to obtain and hold a security clearance
- Be a current college senior or graduate student
- Be majoring in criminal justice, criminology, criminal justice administration, forensic sciences, psychology, computer forensics or be pursuing a Juris Doctorate degree (exceptions are made for other majors)
- Be enrolled in a college or university degree program in which the successful completion of an internship is either required or in which credits are granted for successful completion.
Application Requirements and How to Apply
All application materials must be postmarked by the ending date of the application period and mailed to the Human Capital Operations Division, Attn: FLETC Intern Program Coordinator, 1131 Chapel Crossing Road, Townhouse 393, Glynco, GA 31524. Application materials consist of:
- Current resume or OF-612, Application for Government Employment
- OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment
- FLETC College Intern Program Application and accompanying narrative essay
- FLETC Intern Nomination Form, completed by an appropriate college official, along with his/her letter supporting the nomination
- Proof that the internship is required or that credit will be received, for successful completion of undergraduate or graduate degree
- Official college transcript(s) – from all colleges attended
- All application materials listed above are available at the FLETC College Intern Program website
Who to Contact for Additional Information
For more information on the FLETC College Intern Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "FLETC College Intern Program" in the subject line, or visit http://www.fletc.gov/student-information/college-intern-program/.