In an effort to keep DHS.gov current, the archive contains outdated information that may not reflect current policy or programs.
“Their success is our security”
U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Thursday June 15, 2017 – Friday, June 16, 2017
The Conference on Prosperity and Security in Central America brought together a diverse group of government and business leaders from the United States, Mexico, Central America, and other countries to address the economic, security, and governance challenges and opportunities in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras. Led by Secretary of Homeland Security John F. Kelly and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, in partnership with the Government of Mexico, the participants are dedicated the first day of the conference to advancing prosperity and economic growth in the region and the second day to achieving a stable and secure Central America.
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce also hosted an event on June 14 for the public and private sector participants, which will contribute to the June 15-16 discussion.
Press inquiries may be directed to MediaInquiry@HQ.DHS.GOV.
Releases and Blog Posts
- June 16: United States Key Deliverables for the June 15-16, 2017 Conference on Prosperity and Security in Central America
- June 16: Building Capacity to Fight Corruption and Impunity
- June 16: Improving Citizen Security Session
- June 16: Combating Organized Crime and Regional Security Cooperation Readout
- June 16: Central American Conference in Miami Turns a Cold Eye on Drugs (Miami Herald)
- June 16: Summary of the Opening Remarks for Day Two of the Conference on Prosperity and Security in Central America
- June 15: Fighting Central America’s Drug Cartels And Caring For Victims Of Violence (WAMU.org)
- June 15: Remarks By Vice President Mike Pence At The Northern Triangle Conference On Prosperity And Security In Central America
- June 15: Senior Leaders Session
- June 15: Opening Plenary Session
- June 15: EEUU quiere tratar a Latinoamérica como un "igual" y dejar que otros lideren (el Periódico Internacional)
- June 15: Op Ed: White House Building Prosperity to Ensure Security in Central America (Miami Herald)
- June 14: U.S. and Mexico Convene Conference on Prosperity and Security in Central America on June 15-16 (U.S. Department of State)
- June 12: Fixing Central America is the Focus of High-level Miami Summit (Miami Herald)
- June 5: For Planning Purposes Only: Conference on Prosperity and Security in Central America
- June 2: Statement by DHS Spokesperson Dave Lapan
- Videos from Day 2 of the Conference on Prosperity and Security in Central America
- Videos from Day 1 of the Conference on Prosperity and Security in Central America
- U.S. Department of State - Defense Video Imagery Distribution System (DVIDS)
- U.S. Southern Command - Defense Video Imagery Distribution System (DVIDS)