Engaging with industry partners continues to be a priority for the Department of Homeland Security, which is why the Department has again established a Unity of Effort pavilion at this year’s Association of the United States Army Annual Meeting & Exposition (Hall A, #225). The pavilion will be open for you to visit at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., from October 9-11, 2017.
The Unity of Effort pavilion showcases many homeland security missions that our business partners support, including forensics, immigration, cybersecurity, border security, transportation security, law enforcement, emergency management, and research and development.
The pavilion will also feature tech talks and demonstrations by leading subject matter experts. Additionally, human capital representatives will available to discuss job opportunities with the Department, focusing on careers in technology, cybersecurity, management, and law enforcement.
I invite you to join us and learn more about the Department of Homeland Security.
Tech Talks Schedule, October 10, 2017:
- 10:00-10:20: Addressing Evolving Threats through Strategic Advancements for Nuclear Detection; James McDonnell, Director, Domestic Nuclear Detection Office
- 10:30-11:30: Not Just the Same Old Technology, TSA’s Path to Innovation in Transportation Security; Transportation Security Administration Officials
- 11:40-12:00: Do Business with DHS; Kevin Boshears, Director, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- 1:00-1:20: U.S. Border Patrol – Technology and the Wall; Ruynard Singleton, Executive Director (Acting), Program Management Office Directorate, United States Border Patrol; Kelly Good Associate Chief Patrol Agent United States Border Patrol; Loren Flossman, Director Air and Marine Operations, United States Border Patrol
- 1:30-1:50: U.S. Customs and Border Protection – Efforts to Implement Biometric Exit through Public-Private Partnerships with the Air Travel Industry and Transform the Traveler Experience; Dan Tanciar, Deputy Executive Director, Planning, Program Analysis, and Evaluation, Office of Field Operations, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- 2:10-2:30: Science and Technology Directorate, Cyber Security Division: Investing in R&D to Secure our Digital Future; Doug Maughan, Director, Cyber Security Division
- 2:40-3:00: Science and Technology Directorate, Cyber Security Division: Securing Mobile Apps for the Warfighter; Vincent Sritapan, Mobile Security Program Manager, Cyber Security Division
- 3:10-3:30: Science and Technology Directorate, First Responders Group: Organizational Barriers in Implementing Emerging Tech Solutions; Rik Legault, PhD., Director, Office for Public Safety Research, First Responders Group Division
- 3:40-4:00: Science and Technology Directorate: Public, Private, Partnerships: Welcome to S&T’s Industry Guide; aligning needs with innovative tech solutions; Dee Parker, S&T Industry Liaison, Public Private Partnerships
- 4:10-4:30: Careers at DHS; Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer Representatives
Tech Talks Schedule, October 11, 2017:
- 10:00-10:20: U.S. Coast Guard Innovation Program; Commander Andy Howell, Innovation Manager, U.S. Coast Guard
- 10:30-10:50: USCIS: Using Technology to Meet Our Customer Service Needs; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Officials
- 11:00-11:20: What DHS is Buying: DHS Industry Liaisons; Carla Thomas, DHS Industry Liaison, Office of the Chief Procurement Officer; Component Industry Liaisons
- 11:30-11:50: Procurement Innovation Lab; Polly Hall, Strategy and Planning Lead, Procurement Innovation Lab, Office of the Chief Procurement Officer