DHS issues guidance documents to help the public understand how DHS administers its statutory and regulatory authorities. DHS posts many of its guidance documents at the pages below.
In general, guidance documents lack the force and effect of law, except as authorized by law or as incorporated into a contract.
To find a guidance document issued by DHS or one of its components, see the links below:
- DHS Headquarters
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)