Join the Nation’s preeminent federal cybersecurity team and serve your country by working with us to protect critical infrastructure and the American people from cyber threats.
Whether you are a student, a technical expert, or an executive, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity Service has opportunities at every level for you to serve as a DHS cybersecurity professional. Soon, the Department will launch an innovative new approach to hiring and retaining top cyber talent.
DHS Cybersecurity Service employees work across cybersecurity specializations and DHS Component Agencies, including the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), to protect our Nation’s information technology infrastructure.
The DHS Cybersecurity Service is supported by a new Federal personnel system called the DHS Cybersecurity Talent Management System (CTMS). CTMS features a variety of innovations intended to modernize the federal employment experience, including:
New Hiring Processes
- Applicants progress through customized application paths based on their skills and interests.
- Applicants participate in assessments, including simulations, to demonstrate their skills and potential to perform DHS cybersecurity work.
New Compensation Structures
- DHS Cybersecurity Service employees receive competitive salaries that are market-sensitive and based on their demonstrated skills and expertise.
- DHS Cybersecurity Service employees gain access to higher salaries and incentives based on their impact on the DHS cybersecurity mission.
New Career Development Approach
- DHS Cybersecurity Service employees are encouraged to keep their skills sharp and remain aware of emerging technology and threats through regular training opportunities.
- DHS Cybersecurity Service employees participate in a range of classroom and on-the-job learning activities based on their current responsibilities, skills, interests, and career goals.
Additional information on CTMS can be found in the recently published rule in the Federal Register, which will be effective November 15, 2021
In the coming months, DHS will begin accepting applications to join the DHS Cybersecurity Service.
Initially, DHS Cybersecurity Service jobs will be available at both CISA and the DHS Office of the Chief Information Officer, but opportunities at additional DHS Component Agencies will become available over time.
If you are interested in learning more about upcoming DHS Cybersecurity Service job opportunities and would like to be connected with a recruiter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.