The Office of Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) is a unique member of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC). I&A is the only IC element statutorily charged with delivering intelligence to our State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) and private sector partners, and developing intelligence from those partners for the Department and the IC.
Office of Intelligence and Analysis
I&A’s vision is to be a dominant and superior intelligence enterprise that drives intelligence integration at all levels. I&A specializes in sharing unique intelligence and analysis with operators and decision-makers to identify and mitigate threats to the homeland.
I&A’s main focus is to equip the Department with the intelligence and information it needs to keep the Homeland safe, secure, and resilient.
I&A balances its efforts on integration at the tactical level with providing strategic analysis on threats to the Homeland. I&A’s top priority is to align its intelligence resources across the Intelligence Enterprise (IE) to identify and enable the effective mitigation of threats.
I&A accomplishes the Department’s mission by integrating intelligence into operations across DHS Components, its partners in state and local government and the private sector to identify, mitigate and respond to threats. These efforts are centered on specific operating principles:
- Foster a fully synchronized, cohesive enterprise that integrates intelligence into operational functions and drives action through Mission Centers to mitigate all threats to the Homeland, including: Counterintelligence, Counterterrorism, Cyber, Economic Security, and Transnational Organized Crime.
- Drive multi-directional information exchanges with State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT), private sector and foreign partners to fill critical information and intelligence gaps.
- Produce strategic intelligence products that leverage law enforcement, unique DHS data and Intelligence Community (IC) holdings to facilitate intelligence-driven decision making by all levels of DHS leadership, other U.S. Government policymakers and SLTT partners.
- Deliver access to data and systems, infrastructure and analytic expertise, mission readiness services and Intelligence Community (IC) capabilities to DHS Operational Components.
- Ensure unique DHS datasets are available to Mission Centers, the IC and law enforcement partners to bolster collaborative government efforts to counter threats.
- Provide unique data on immigration, travel and intelligence, analytic tools and technical infrastructure to assist the U.S. Government stand-up of the National Vetting Center.
- Invest in our people, who are critical for achieving the above operating principles, by continuously enhancing our talent and leadership development to foster a cadre of high-performing Homeland Security intelligence professionals.