Executive Order 14058
Our Government must recommit to being “of the people, by the people, [and] for the people” in order to solve the complex 21st century challenges our Nation faces. Government must be held accountable for designing and delivering services with a focus on the actual experience of the people whom it is meant to serve. Government must also work to deliver services more equitably and effectively, especially for those who have been historically underserved. Strengthening the democratic process requires providing direct lines of feedback and mechanisms for engaging the American people in the design and improvement of Federal Government programs, processes, and services.
OMB Circular A-11, Section 280
Purpose of this guidance:
- Establish a CX-mindful culture across Federal Government services;
- Improve customer satisfaction with and trust in Federal Government;
- Provide structure and consistency around how agencies/programs approach CX;
- Promote program accountability and governance mechanisms to improve quality and service;
- Ensure high-impact programs are making progress in growing CX program maturity, service definition, and applying leading practices;
- Ensure high-impact programs are receiving an acting upon customer feedback to drive
- performance improvement and service recovery;
- Allow for government-wide comparative assessment of customer satisfaction; and
- Ensure transparency through public reporting.