Travelers traveling through the United States must have the required documents needed to enter the United States via land, sea, or air based upon their citizenship or place of residence.
Below are requirements for U.S. Citizens/Lawful Permanent Residents and International Visitors and information about Trusted Traveler Programs.
If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident traveling outside the country, get the information you need to return back into the U.S., including:
If you are an International visitor to the U.S. coming to work, study, do business or immigrate, get the information you need to enter the U.S., including:
Learn about Trusted Traveler Programs and how to speed up travel for pre-approved, low risk travelers within the Western Hemisphere.
- FAST – provides expedited travel to approved commercial truck drivers between the U.S and Canada and U.S. and Mexico borders.
- Global Entry – provides expedited screening and processing for pre-screened International travelers entering the United States.
- NEXUS – provides expedited travel via land, air or sea to approved members between the U.S. and Canada border.
- SENTRI – provides expedited travel to approved members between the U.S. and Mexico border.
- TSA PreCheck® – provides expedited times going through the TSA screening process.