This webpage provides the security and training requirements that Contractors must comply with when special clauses Safeguarding of Sensitive Information (MARCH 2015) and Information Technology Security and Privacy Training (MARCH 2015) are included in a solicitation and/or contract.
Personnel Security Policy
- DHS Instruction Handbook 121-01-007 Department of Homeland Security Personnel Suitability and Security Program
Information Security Policy
- DHS Management Directive 11042.1 Safeguarding Sensitive But Unclassified (for Official Use Only) Information
- DHS Management Directive 11056.1 Sensitive Security Information (SSI)
Information Technology Security Policy
- DHS Sensitive Systems Policy Directive 4300A
- DHS 4300A Sensitive Systems Handbook
- DHS 4300A Attachment G – Rules of Behavior
- Security Authorization Process Guide v11.1
- DHS Security Authorization Templates
- Fiscal Year 2017 DHS Information Security Performance Plan
- Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Guide
IT Security Awareness Training
Provides guidance for online conduct and proper use of information technology. The Challenge presents cybersecurity and information systems security awareness instructional topics through first-person simulations and mini-game challenges that allow the user to practice and review cybersecurity concepts in an interactive manner. The training takes approximately one (1) hour to complete. Completion of the training is required before access to DHS systems can be provided.
Under Department of Defense Employees, select Start/Continue New CyberAwareness Challenge Department of Defense Version.
- DHS Handbook for Safeguarding Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information
- DHS Privacy Incident Handling Guidance