The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires FOIA Reading Rooms contain four distinct categories of records. The four categories of Reading Room records are: 1) "final opinions [and] . . . orders" made in the adjudication of cases; 2) specific agency policy statements; 3) "administrative staff manuals and instructions to staff that affect a member of the public"; and 4) records disclosed in response to a FOIA request that "the agency determines have become or are likely to become the subject of subsequent requests for substantially the same records." These records are available through this page. Please note that DHS does not have designated documents in the "final opinions [and] . . . orders" made in the adjudication of cases and "administrative staff manuals and instructions to staff that affect a member of the public" categories so these pages do not exist here. However, DHS continuously updates each of the four categories of Reading Room records and will make such disclosures as documents become available.
NOTICE: DHS strives to provide equal access to information and data to people with disabilities in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Not all of the documents on this page are fully Section 508 compliant. If you have problems with any of the documents on this page and need assistance, please contact the FOIA Office at 202-343-1743.
- For reports and publications relating to the Department’s mission and strategy, please visit About the Department of Homeland Security, which contains links to many of those documents.
- For reports and publications released by Department of Homeland Security components please visit their FOIA pages.
- FOIA requests must be addressed to component(s) you believe hold the records sought. See Directing Requests to Proper Components.
To search the DHS FOIA library, please enter search terms below.
Copies of all records, regardless of form or format, which have been released to any person under the FOIA and which, because of the nature of their subject matter, the Departmental Offices determines have become or are likely to become the subject of subsequent requests for substantially the same records.
- Balanced Workforce Strategy Guidance Version 2.0
- Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Response
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Characteristics Data (PDF, 12 pages -108 KB)
- Delegation to Assistant Secretary of Health Affairs Chief Medical Officer
- DHS Impact of Federal Budget Sequestration
- DHS Office of General Counsel July 2010 Release to Associated Press Regarding DHS FOIA Process
- DHS Open Government Data Sets
- DHS Purchase Cardholder Lists
- DHS Records Regarding Changes to the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) Guidelines
- DHS S&T Laboratory Fact Sheet
- DHS Weekly Cabinet Report
- Executive Orders-FOIA
- Federal Protective Services Protective Security Officer (FPS PSO) Medical Standards
- Fee Waiver or Claims Membership in a Preferential Fee Category (MuckRock)
- FEMA Individual and Public Assistance Claims Paid for Flood Disasters From 1998 to 2011
- eFOIA Mobile Application
- FOIA Improvement Plan
- Frequently Requested Letters
- FY06 to FY12 Loss, Damaged, or Destroyed (LDD) List
- Integrated Strategy for High Risk Management Implementation and Transformation
- Jones Act Waivers Executed by DHS January - September 2011
- Memoranda and Directives
- New York University Medical Center Public Assistance Project Worksheets Regarding Hurricane Sandy
- Occupy Wall Street
- Premium Class Travel Reports
- Presidential Transition Records
- Procurement Awards and Orders
- Prohibited Items Program, NPPD FPS Directive 220.127.116.11 rev 1
- USCIS A-Files of Interest
Countering Violent Extremism (CVE)
DHS Privacy Office FOIA Releases
FOIA Monthly Reports
- Congressional Correspondence Logs
- DHS Privacy Office FOIA Logs
- DHS Component Logs
- Other Frequently Requested Correspondence Logs
Statements of Policy and Interpretations
Those statements of policy and interpretations which have been adopted by the Departmental Offices and are not published in the Federal Register.