The Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) is the trusted network for homeland security mission operations to share Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) information. The Critical Infrastructure community on HSIN (HSIN-CI) is the primary system through which private sector owners and operators, DHS, and other federal, state, and local government agencies collaborate to protect the nation’s critical infrastructure. HSIN-CI provides real-time collaboration tools including a virtual meeting space, document sharing, alerts, and instant messaging at no charge.
Through HSIN-CI, you are able to:
- Receive, submit, and discuss timely, actionable, and accurate information.
- Maintain a direct, trusted channel with DHS and other vetted sector stakeholders.
- Communicate information pertaining to threats, vulnerabilities, security, and response and recovery activities affecting sector and cross-sector operations.
Membership in HSIN-CI is intended for individuals supporting the protection of the nation’s critical infrastructure as defined in the Presidential Policy Directive 21: Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience. To determine the most appropriate sector for you, visit the Critical Infrastructure Sectors page.
- Full name
- Phone number
- Official work email address
- Critical infrastructure sector you support and are requesting access to (e.g., Dams, Commercial Facilities, etc.)
A validating authority will review your membership application to determine your suitability for admission to the requested Community of Interest. If your application is approved, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to log onto HSIN for the first time.
More from HSIN
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report (coming soon)
- 2015 Information Sharing Environment (ISE) Report to Congress
For general information, contact us via email at CI-ISE@hq.dhs.gov.
If you are experiencing problems with your HSIN account, contact the HSIN Help Desk at 866-430-0162 or via email at HSIN.HelpDesk@hq.dhs.gov.