The Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) is a platform used to safely share Sensitive but Unclassified information. It enables Federal, State, Local, Tribal, Territorial, International and Private Sector homeland security partners to achieve their missions through information sharing.
- Daily operations, such as those at the National Operations Center
- Planned events, including events like the Kentucky Derby and MLB All-Star Week
- Incident response in cases such as the Boston Marathon Bombing and the Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill.
The network provides a collaborative workspace to maximize operational efficiency. Through experience, HSIN has created a codified tool, known as the Standardized Incident Management Dashboard Template, which allows users to set up best practice capabilities in seconds to support public safety and event management.
Learn more by reading the annual reports, fact sheets, and case studies.
- Event and Incident Management
- Operations Support
- Web Conferencing (HSIN Connect)
- Geospatial Services
- Comprehensive Training
- Learning Management System (HSIN Learn)
- Alerts and Notifications
- Secure Messaging (HSINbox)
- Instant Messaging (HSIN Chat)
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) Services
- HSIN Communities
For more information about HSIN's features and capabilities, read the our HSIN Features fact sheet.
- HSIN Terms of Service - Establishes a user's basic rights, duties and privileges as a user of HSIN (Note: Last Updated July 2017)
- HSIN Community of Interest Model Charter - Provides all COIs a common reference to develop a final charter required to govern and manage each COI. (Note: Last Updated June 2017)
The video features several HSIN users and advocates from different areas of operation across the nation, highlighting the benefits of HSIN and the impact the system has had in connecting federal, state, local, tribal and territorial partners.
This video gives an overview of the many benefits and capabilities HSIN provides to the Homeland Security Enterprise. The video features several HSIN users and advocates from different areas of operation across the nation, highlighting the flexibility of HSIN and the impact the system has on a variety of operational scenarios.