The Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) is the Department of Homeland Security's official system for trusted sharing of Sensitive But Unclassified information between federal, state, local, territorial, tribal, international and private sector partners. Mission operators use HSIN to access Homeland Security data, send requests securely between agencies, manage operations, coordinate planned event safety and security, respond to incidents, and share the information they need to fulfill their missions and help keep their communities safe. For more information about HSIN, please contact HSIN@hq.dhs.gov.
Learn more by reading the annual reports, fact sheets, and case studies.
HSIN's Features and Capabilities
- Event and Incident Management
- Operations Support
- Web Conferencing (HSIN Connect)
- Geospatial Services
- Comprehensive Training
- Learning Management System (HSIN Learn)
- Alerts and Notifications
- Secure Messaging (HSINbox)
- Instant Messaging (HSIN Chat)
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) Services
- HSIN Communities
For more information about HSIN's features and capabilities, read the our HSIN Features fact sheet.
- HSIN Terms of Service - Establishes a user's basic rights, duties and privileges as a user of HSIN (Note: Last Updated July 2017)
- HSIN Community of Interest Model Charter - Provides all COIs a common reference to develop a final charter required to govern and manage each COI. (Note: Last Updated June 2017)
What is HSIN?
The video features several HSIN users and advocates from different areas of operation across the nation, highlighting the benefits of HSIN and the impact the system has had in connecting federal, state, local, tribal and territorial partners.
Using HSIN’s Capabilities
This video gives an overview of the many benefits and capabilities HSIN provides to the Homeland Security Enterprise. The video features several HSIN users and advocates from different areas of operation across the nation, highlighting the flexibility of HSIN and the impact the system has on a variety of operational scenarios.