We issue a variety of mandatory reports to Congress and the Department of Justice.
Privacy Office Annual Reports
Data Mining Reports
Section 803 Reports
Computer Matching Agreement Activity Reports
The following are public reports issued by the Privacy Office:
- Assessment of CBP Training Materials on Border Searches of Electronic Devices, In August 2009, Secretary Napolitano issued new directives regarding searches of electronic media at the border. In coordination with the release of the directives, the Privacy Office, Customs and Border Protection, and the Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties were instructed to assess the CBP training materials and course matter on the border search of electronic devices. This report presents a summary of this joint review.
- Interim Report on the EU Approach to the Commercial Collection of Personal Data for Security Purposes: The Special Case of Hotel Guest Registration Data, conducted pursuant to Section 222(b)(1)(B) of the Homeland Security Act, in order to enforce the provisions of Article 5 of the 2007 Passenger Name Records (PNR) Agreement. January 16, 2009
- CCTV: Developing Best Practices, Report on the DHS Privacy Office Public Workshop, December 17 and 18, 2007, Report summarizing the CCTV workshop panels and resources to help identify and address privacy concerns, including Best Practices for Government Use of CCTV (Appendix B); Template for Privacy Impact Assessment for the Use of CCTV by DHS Program (Appendix C); Template for Privacy Impact Assessment for the Use of CCTV by State and Local Entities (Appendix D); and Template for Civil Liberties Impact Assessments (CLIA) (Appendix E).
- ADVISE Report, Review of the Analysis, Dissemination, Visualization, Insight and Semantic Enhancement (ADVISE) Program including recommendations.
- Secure Flight Report, December 2006, DHS Privacy Office Report to the Public on the Transportation Security Administration’s Secure Flight Program and Privacy Recommendations.
- MATRIX Report, December 2006, DHS Privacy Office Report to the Public Concerning the Multistate Anti-Terrorism Information Exchange (MATRIX) Pilot Project.
- Report Assessing the Impact of the Automatic Selectee and No Fly Lists, April 27, 2006.
- Report to the Public on Events Surrounding jetBlue Data Transfer, February 20, 2004.
Last Published Date: July 6, 2017