Exercise Starter Kits are self-conducted tabletop exercises (TTX) tailored for the academic community. Each kit includes a set of scalable tools aimed to test existing emergency plans, protocols, and procedures, while also strengthening preparedness, response, and recovery capabilities. Available within each ESK are the following customizable templates:
- An Exercise Conduct Briefing for presentation during the TTX
- A Situation Manual to provide background information on the TTX, scenario content, as well as discussion questions for participants
- A Facilitator Guide for assisting facilitators in delivering the TTX
- A Participant Feedback Form Template for players to provide candid feedback on the TTX
- An After-Action Report Template for summarizing key strength and areas for improvement following the TTX
For more information on the CR Program’s Exercise Starter Kits, read the Exercise Starter Kit one-pager.
The K-12 Exercise Starter Kits currently focus on an active shooter incident and are broken into three (3) K-12 school levels: Elementary School, Middle/Junior High School, and High School. To obtain one or more of the K-12 Exercise Starter Kits, please use this link.
The Institutions of Higher Education (IHE) Exercise Starter Kits are available on improvised explosive device, tornado, hazardous material release, earthquake, cyber breaches, hurricanes, and active shooter incidents. For more information on the IHE Exercise Starter Kits, read our press release. To obtain one or more of the Exercise Starter Kits, please use this link.