The Private Sector Office:
- Engages individual businesses, trade associations and other non-governmental organizations to foster dialogue with the Department.
- Advises the Secretary on prospective policies and regulations and in many cases on their economic impact.
- Promotes public-private partnerships and best practices to improve the nation's homeland security.
- Promotes Department policies to the private sector.
Public-Private Partnerships Conference
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security Headquarters, in partnership with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Northern Command, and Rutgers University will present the third annual Building Resilience through Public-Private Partnerships Conference July 23- 25, 2013 at Rutgers University in Newark, NJ.
This year’s conference themed, “Partnerships in Action: Enhancing National and Economic Security,” will highlight successful public-private partnerships across the homeland security enterprise and is designed to identify solutions to coordination gaps between the public and private sectors. From Hurricane Sandy response efforts and global supply chain resilience to campus resilience and cyber security, building resilient communities continues to be a whole community approach.
Loaned Executive Program
The Loaned Executive Program provides executive-level experts an opportunity to volunteer with Homeland Security to fill special, discreet needs for a limited period of time. Through the Loaned Executive Program, Homeland Security is working with the private sector on innovative solutions to our homeland security challenges. The Department is looking to the nation's top executives and industry experts to partner with us as we strive to solve problems, improve processes, and fully realize our mission. By serving as a loaned executive, subject matter experts will have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference by protecting our nation. Find more information on the Loaned Executive Program.
DHS for a Day
The DHS for a Day program provides private sector stakeholders a glimpse into how various Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Components make our Nation safer on a day-to-day basis. The program also builds and strengthens connections between DHS and the private sector, ensuring that our partners across the country can participate fully in the Homeland Security Enterprise. Our recent blog posts have more information on past DHS for a Day events.
Private Sector Resources
- Find information on the Voluntary Private Sector Preparedness Accreditation and Certification Program (PS-Prep)
- Find information on the Protected Critical Infrastructure Information (PCII) Program
- View the Department Private Sector Resources Catalog
- Visit the Ready.gov business preparedness website
- Get private sector preparedness e-mail updates