In an effort to keep DHS.gov current, the archive contains outdated information that may not reflect current policy or programs.
For Immediate Release
DHS Press Office
Program Brings Executive Leadership from Private Sector to Support Department Mission
WASHINGTON— The Department of Homeland Security today announced new Loaned Executive Program openings, which will bring the Department and private-sector expertise together to support efforts to promote travel and tourism under the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
“We want to leverage the private sector’s best talent to improve the travel experience for the American public and those who we welcome as visitors to our country. DHS is committed to facilitating lawful travel and tourism,” said Deputy Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. “Private sector integration in the development of our policies and processes ensures a coordinated approach to identifying innovative solutions to our homeland security challenges.”
“I am thrilled DHS is collaborating with private sector businesses to attract talented professionals in the travel and tourism industry to help us continue our efforts of making America a more attractive and accessible destination,” said U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker. “I look forward to working with DHS and the private sector leaders as we continue to develop programs that will enable us to meet our National Travel and Tourism Strategy goals.”
DHS is offering the following open positions:
- Senior Advisor, Customer Service: In this position, a loaned executive will advise TSA and CBP on ways to improve customer service.
- Senior Advisor, Line and Crowd Management: This loaned executive will advise TSA and CBP on issues related to the airport systems flow of international travelers with domestic connections including existing policies, procedures, and training related to the systems flow of travelers.
- Senior Advisor, Logistics: In this position, a loaned executive will advise TSA and CBP on issues related to airport systems flow of international travelers and analyze arrivals and connections
- Senior Advisor, Metrics: This loaned executive will advise CBP on and clarify issues related to the collection and analysis of data on the airport systems flow of international travelers.
- Senior Advisor, Self-Service Technology: In this position, a loaned executive will help TSA and CBP clarify issues related to the development and deployment of enterprise level self-service technologies.
- Senior Advisor, Staffing Models: This loaned executive will help CBP on issues related to the development and management of enterprise level personnel management.
The positions include a six-month assignment with the option for a six-month renewal. While these positions do not include a government salary, participants in the Loaned Executive Program still draw their regular salary and benefits from their private-sector employer. Qualified applicants should visit the DHS Loaned Executive Program Current Openings page on www.dhs.gov to submit a resume before the deadline, Tuesday, May 27, 2014.
The Loaned Executive Program was established by the DHS Private Sector Office in 2008 to provide top executive-level and subject matter experts from the private sector an opportunity to share their expertise with DHS. DHS will continue to partner with the nation’s top executives and industry experts to solve problems, improve processes, and fully realize its mission.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.dhs.gov-loaned-executive-program.