In an effort to keep DHS.gov current, the archive contains outdated information that may not reflect current policy or programs.
"If You See Something, Say Something™" is a national campaign that raises public awareness of the indicators of terrorism and terrorism-related crime, as well as the importance of reporting suspicious activity to state and local law enforcement.
Today, Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson announced the re-launch of the campaign, including new campaign materials with re-designed imagery, a new microsite, and for the first time in-app advertising. The campaign highlights the Department’s message that homeland security begins with hometown security. These materials seek to empower everyday citizens to protect their neighbors and the communities they call home by recognizing and reporting suspicious activity.
- DHS is continuing our partnership with the NFL through the “If You See Something, Say Something™” public awareness campaign, first launched at Super Bowl XLV. Fans and visitors in the area will see the “If You See Something, Say Something™” message at hotels, on buses, billboards and mobile applications leading up to and throughout Super Bowl weekend.
- On game day, more than 100,000 fans, players and stadium employees will see the campaign graphics on the in-stadium video board at the University of Phoenix Stadium. Messaging will also be printed in NFL Fan Guide and the game day program.
- Visitors traveling through Phoenix will see the new campaign materials at the two local airports: Phoenix Sky International Airport and Tucson International Airport.
- Fans will see the new campaign materials at hotels and airports through the Where Magazine Phoenix and Scottsdale January Edition.
- Fans traveling to the game will see the new campaign materials at transportation hubs throughout the metro region, including at 50 bus shelters and light rail pods.
- Fans will see the new campaign materials through print and digital advertisements on billboards and posters throughout the metro region.
- For the first time, the “If You See Something, Say Something™” campaign messaging will be promoted through in-app advertising in Arizona on the Game Day and NFL Experience mobile applications. Individuals in Arizona using their smart phones to play a game may see the “If You See Something, Say Something™” message.