DHS and its components are committed to hiring and retaining a qualified and dedicated workforce of almost a quarter million federal employees. To coordinate the hiring and on-boarding process for new and prospective DHS employees, DHS relies on the Chief Human Capital Officer and Component Human Capital Officers throughout the Department to serve as their component hiring authorities. DHS hiring authorities are responsible for posting vacancy announcements, producing certificates of referral for hiring managers, and extending tentative and final job offers to new employees. DHS is conducting this Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) because these activities require DHS hiring authorities to receive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from job candidates and new employees during the hiring and on-boarding processes within the DHS-wide organization.
Appendix updated January 2020.
- OPM/GOVT-1 General Personnel Records
- OPM/GOVT-5 Recruiting, Examining, and Placement Records
- OPM/GOVT-6 Personnel Research and Test Validation Records
- OPM/GOVT-7 Applicant Race, Sex, National Origin and Disability Status Records
- DHS/ALL-022 Department of Homeland Security Drug Free Workplace
|DHS/ALL/PIA-043 DHS Hiring and On-Boarding Process||651.7 KB||01/29/2020|
Last Published Date: January 31, 2020