June 15, 2016. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) mission is to process immigration benefit requests and issue proof of benefits that reflect the status and legality of immigrants and certain nonimmigrants to travel, work, and live in the United States, as well as their status as naturalized U.S. citizens. The proof of benefit is evidence of the adjudication decision made by USCIS, and may be produced on paper, secure paper, booklets, or cards. USCIS also generates notices to its customers to communicate adjudications decisions for which they applied. USCIS uses multiple systems to produce official notices, correspondence, and secure identity documents. USCIS is conducting the Benefit Decision and Output Processes Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) to evaluate the privacy risks associated with generating official notices, correspondence, and secure identity documents following an immigration status determination or decision by USCIS.
- DHS/USCIS/ICE/CBP-001 Alien File, Index, and National File Tracking System of Records, 78 FR 69864 (Nov. 21, 2013)
- DHS/USCIS-003 Biometric Storage System, 72 FR 17172 (April 6, 2007)
- DHS/USCIS-005 Inter-Country Adoptions Security, 72 FR 31086 (June 5, 2007)
- DHS/USCIS-007 Benefits Information System, 73 FR 56596 (Sept. 29, 2008)
- DHS/USCIS-010 Asylum Information and Pre-Screening System of Records, 80 FR 74781 (Nov. 30, 2015)
- Forthcoming Refugee Case Processing SORN
|DHS/USCIS/PIA-063 Benefit Decision and Output Processes - June 2016||301.14 KB|