CBP provides private network services to CBP users on the CBP Intranet through CBPnet. CBPnet provides a wide range of CBP information and services that are not generally available to the public through the Internet. CBPnet allows users to obtain general CBP news and information, access applications relevant to their roles and responsibilities, communicate and collaborate with other users within CBP, and access internal and external resources. In addition, CBPnet contains a limited number of applications: 1) Chief Counsel Tracking System (CCTS), 2) Quality and Uniformity Information Control System (QUICS), 3) Regulations & Rulings Tracking System (RRTS), and 4) WebTele. CBP is conducting this privacy impact assessment (PIA) because, although CBPnet itself is internal and only maintains information about CBP employees, contractors, or detailees, the CBPnet subsystems collect and maintain personally identifiable information (PII) about members of the public.
- DHS/ALL-002 Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Mailing and Other Lists System
- DHS/ALL-004 General Information Technology Access Account Records System (GITAARS)
- DHS/ALL-008 Accounts Receivable System of Records
- DHS/ALL-014 Department of Homeland Security Emergency Personnel Location Records System of Records
- DHS/ALL-017 Department of Homeland Security General Legal Records
- DHS/ALL-019 Payroll, Personnel, and Time and Attendance Records System of Records
- DHS/CBP-001 Import Information System